Wednesday, January 26, 2022

American Cancer Society 25 Pushups A Day in February 2022 Challenge

 https://www.facebook.com/donate/468981768005845

Last year it was Pushups for Veteran Support. This year it's the California 2nd Annual 25 Push-ups a Day Challenge for American Cancer Society! Please support me as I raise funds by taking on 25 push-ups to help American Cancer Society achieve their amazing mission. Every donation, big or small, counts. Cheer me on in making a difference!

Event runs from February 1, 2022 through March 7, 2022 (25 days) so get ready for a variety of seating, standing, assisted, propped, and accessible pushups to engage, inspire, entertain (heavy on the entertain BTW), and strengthen (body, mind, sense of humor as well). 

I created this fundraiser because.... it's a personal challenge and one of accessibility and service! If you appreciate what I'm doing, drop a few dollars on the fundraising page and help research into a cure. 

If you are interested in my style of practice, check out more of what I do at at the link up there at the top right (www.byomyogavideos.com) and consider dropping into one of my free yoga online yoga classes (or even joining my Patreon to help pay the bills)


Let's take a little walk down memory lane...

Day 1 of 22: a straightforward incline pushup.


Day 3 going strong with one-legged pushups (so graceful too!).


Day 6, the overhead press for a seated, non-weight-bearing option (but damn those shoulder and triceps were on FIRE).


Day 12 at 1/2 way through, we tried some mountain climbers for variety...


By Day 19 we had modified what I was calling a pushup considerably: sustained side arm balance with hip abduction - PHEW!


Day 22 took us to new heights and lengths with spinal balances: full arm and leg extensions in an inclined plank.










No comments:

Post a Comment

spam will be deleted