Monday, November 12, 2012

More About Me

I have been a yoga enthusiast and practitioner for over eight years, and went into the practice to help heal my body during a time physical and emotional illness. For me, practicing and teaching yoga is a lifestyle and lifetime commitment to bring the joy of yoga to every person that I can.

For children my style incorporates music, books, and crafts into yoga-oriented play, where I help them learn how to energize and calm with breath. For adults I utilize an eclectic hatha yoga blend of styles, from Iyengar and Anusara to Restorative and Vinyasa, to exercise the body and help calm the mind. An emphasis on yogic breathing with instruction in pranayama techniques, discussion of pose alignment for best practice, and plenty of time in savasana round out the class experience.

I have accreditation in children’s yoga, am finishing my 200-hour RYT certification from Himalayan tradition-based Yoga Well Center of San Diego, and have a formal certification in prenatal yoga (RPYT). My personal experience with injury and illness have helped me to understand the needs of students that may hesitate to do yoga due to condition, injury, flexibility, or age. Because I firmly believe that yoga is for EVERY body, I strive to design classes to suit all students’ needs, and offer modifications for EVERY ability level.

Whether you are experienced in yoga, or never owned a mat, I welcome you into my class and pledge to provide a yoga experience that will help you be more present, more confident, and more healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

spam will be deleted