Tuesday, August 7, 2012

8/9 Class at Northbrook Yoga Center (Northbrook. IL)

The Northbrook Yoga Center has invited me to teach this Thursday 8/9 in their 10:45 slot. I am SO EXCITED!

I first visited this studio in April when I came in town for 7 days and went in 5 times in that short week! I loved the variety of class, the quantity (a VERY full schedule...wow) and the locale (a bit over a mile walk from my parents' house). I'm back in my hometown (Chicago) this summer for three weeks and signed up for a 14-class series to continue my yogic journey. They have Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Kundalini and even Family yoga - a great variety for a small studio.

NBYC does a monthly donation based class and I asked them if they would be into the idea of having me come teach now that I'm nearing the end of my 200 hour taining, so that I could raise a little more money for MS.

The stars aligned and they said YES. I'm on for this Thursday morning and gratefully Nana and Papa will watch the little bunny Eli whilst I partake! I have my basic eclectic Hatha style in which I sprinkle pieces of pranayama, Vinyasa for warmup, some Kundalini for energy building, iyengar to bring consciousness to alignment, and even  some Yin before savasana so I hope the NBYC regulars enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

spam will be deleted