The 5 Benefits of Yoga (full credit to the Hippie Yogini at YogaAccessories.com)
Yoga has been around for centuries and not until recently has yoga become wildly popular and one would even say trendy. People who practice yoga regularly are often in fabulous shape which seems to be what has caused the trend. Yoga is so much more than that! Yoga is an ancient practice that connects the mind, body, and spirit through breath, meditation, and body poses. There are so many health benefits connected to practicing yoga and here are our top five.
- Body Awareness Practicing yoga will help you gain an increased awareness of your own temple which is your body. You will become aware of how strong you are! This will increase how comfortable you are in your own skin leading to more self-confidence.
- Stress Reduction Yoga emphasizes living in the present taking focus away from the stresses in your life. The meditation aspect of yoga helps to reduce stress.
- Increased Energy When you start to get into better shape from doing yoga, you will notice that you have a lot more energy in and out of class.
- Memory When you improve the blood circulation to the brain and improve your focus the direct result is a better memory.
- Body Strength With yoga you will learn how to develop a strong inner core which will result in better posture and overall body strength. A strong core is very important to prevent injuries.