I offer five (5) Yoga classes ("Silver Sneakers") in East County that are all free of charge (donations are accepted but never required). These classes are open to all ages, all levels. They combine Chair Yoga with traditions like Hatha, Flow, Restorative, and Yin to give you a good stretch, a bit of a workout, some valuable mind-quiet time, and help reinforce that ever important connection between your body and your mind. They are very much adaptive yoga classes - we start in chairs but you have a choice to do the class from a mat, the floor, a chair, the wall, or levitate if that is in your practice!
El Cajon Library
201 E. Douglas Avenue, El Cajon
Wednesdays 9:30-10:30 am
Tifereth Israel Synagogue Social Hall
6660 Cowles Mountain Blvd., San Diego 92119
Wednesdays 12:00-1:00 pm
Casa de Oro Library
9805 Campo Road #180, Spring Valley.
Fridays 12:45-1:45 pm
Lemon Grove Library
3001 School Lane, Lemon Grove
Saturdays 8:30-9:30 am
La Mesa Library
8074 Allison Avenue, La Mesa
FREE for all. Designed to be a gentler yoga class with chairs. Incorporates flowing movement, body alignment, muscular engagement, and healthy joint usage instructions. Straps and blocks will be on hand for those that want to use some props. Use of chairs is optional! All levels.
Schedule & Announcements
View my live ONLINE calendar here for updates and changes to any and all classes including silver sneakers. Reminder: check calendar to be sure the class is meeting that week - esp. around holiday times. If there is no class listed on the live schedule (but it says there usually is one below) there is probably a scheduled class cancellation - you can always email me or call the site to verify.
- Wednesday Casa de Oro classes begin at 12:00 noon starting October 4
- No Class October 25 at Tifereth Israel
- No Class November 1 at Tifereth Israel
- No Class November 3 at Lemon Grove (MS Challenge Walk)
- No Class November 4 at La Mesa (MS Challenge Walk)
- No Class November 6 at El Cajon (speaking at Rheumatology Conference)
- No Class November 10 at Lemon Grove (observed Veteran's Day)
- No Class November 11 at La Mesa and (actual Veteran's Day)
- No Class November 22 at Casa de Oro (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- No Class November 24 at Lemon Grove (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- No Class November 25 at La Mesa (Thanksgiving Holiday)
If you have a Tivity (used to be called Healthways) Silver Sneakers benefit through your insurance, let me know as I receive credit for those that attend! To find out if you have the benefit, or to sign up, click here: https://www.silversneakers.com/tools/participating-health-plans
Check the Library calendars for more: http://host.evanced.info/sdcl/evanced/eventcalendar.asp
Additional San Diego County Fitness ResourcesNOTE: Some San Diego city classes at local libraries have been cancelled or moved to fitness centers/rec centers - please refer to the library websites for details.
|Click to View|